Friday, August 8, 2014

Money troubles

Money turned out to be an issue during medical leave. My employer incorrectly filled out my record of employment, so Employment Insurance didn't get delivered to me until a week before I returned to work. The government deliberated on my case because of my employer's mistake, and in the meantime I had to rack up credit card debt at 29.9% interest to survive. 

Now I'm back at work, my review didn't include any sort of salary adjustment to reflect the 3x workload I've been handling for the past 2 years since taking a new position, and they are unapologetic in the matter of the record of employment.

I'm in deep trouble and I find so much of my time is spent either at work in a state of stress or at home in a state of stress. I truly do not know how to get out of this.

Dilation helps me keep sane.

1 comment:

  1. I can sympathize, hon - we were left in a similar situation when my partner had to take an extended leave from work for major surgery.

    The best advice I can offer is to talk to a financial professional. You'd be surprised at how many options are available. We did what's called a Consumer Proposal, which froze our debts (no more interest) and resulted in our creditors settling for about 30% of what's owed, to be paid over the next few years.

    As for work, it gets easier with the financial stress off your back, but it might be time to start searching elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...