Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Caught! Without support


I'm having a really hard time getting the guidance I need to pursue my transformation. Wait lists abound. 9 month wait list here, 1.5 year wait list there, 3 months is so far the fastest. In the meantime, I've been given a list of Hormone Replacement Therapy protocols to provide to my Doctor. If he is up for the quest, he'll prescribe them himself, if not, I've also been given a list of endocrinologists he can refer me to.

It is progress, but it is slow.

I have been having a hard time of it, mostly the continued stress put on my common law partner. She finds my nail polish and it is amusing, she sees me putting it on, and she cries for 24 hours. She finds my dress and its amusing, but I shudder to think how long she would cry if she saw me wearing it.


4 comments:

  1. Hang in there girl. Your dreams will come true one day, but what is going on now, and your past and what is to come, all of that is what makes you, you. I know I wish everyday that I was born a girl, but ya know what? If I was ever given the option to go back and start over, I'm not sure i would. My life experiences have made me the person I am today, sure I think life sucks at times, but when I really think about it, I am who I am because of the life I've had so far. I still have my dreams though, and I'll never give up on them. :)

    (lol, the security phrase was brest)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a security phase too! Very exciting. I'm so proud to be your friend Izzy, and I really appreciate what you're saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At your core you are feminine and moving forward with your transition is what you desire and need. Unfortunately our society is still pretty lame about this kind of thing so you'll always run into those who disagree or oppose you along your path. Even ones close to you could make things difficult. But there will also be people there to provide help and support; the wonderful IRL friends you have told me of, friends made through the portal of the internet, and the doctors/therapist that play a more active role in your transition. They will all help but even in their absence I feel that you have the confidence and courage to carry through with your transition and express your true spirit. And as Isobelle said, our experiences define us so meeting this diversity will craft you into an even more confident and beautiful person in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Orva thanks so much. I'm so proud that you can see my femininity. I love it when that is what people recognize about me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...